Jun 27, 2019

Return of Radhika...!


“Finally, Mr. Big Shot found time to speak with me!” exclaimed Radhika.

I smiled keeping quiet as I had expected something like that.

“Don’t smile Mister, look at me you moron. Thoda bhi yaad nahi aaye hum? (did u even remember us a little)

I kept smiling. She had turned chubby, but still looked angelic, the way she used to be. Even on a video call, her smile made my heart skip a beat.

“I was busy re, just could not manage my time” I gave an excuse.

“You could not make time, the person who multi tasks every moment, like doing now….” She replied

“Now? Right now I am only talking to you. Why did you say that?” I tried to hide my amazement.

I was multitasking as usual. While I was on video call with her, I was also updating some sales report on my system. She could still see thru me like always.

“I know bass!” she replied

“3 years now, since we met but still she gets through me. Damn it!” I thought.

“By the way, you are fat now.” I teased her trying to change topic.

“Hello mister, it is not fat you know.” She screamed.

Yes she was not fat, our Radhs is going to be a mother and that is why out of blue, I called her. She had messaged me about the news and was complaining that how she was missing her friend.

“Hahaha! Well that can’t be a reason, you are not 9 months yet” I teased her.

“I will kill you when we meet.” She laughed.

We both laughed for a while as we spoke and ended the conversation.

As she was disconnecting, she said “you know what, during this period mother should stay happy. So you dare vanish again.” I think she knew saying it will work. For her happiness I will do anything.

For a moment after the call, I sat silent in my room rerunning the conversation bit by bit. I had not laughed like that in recent past. Why? I did not know, but I have made my mind, to be around till I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A kind of pain can be strongly sensed in this post.