Dec 14, 2010

Baharain Weekly 8

4/4/2007

Namaste India,

Welcome to the 8th edition of Bahrain Weekly,

Yahaan sab hamesha ki tarah mast chal raha hai, jo pehle nahi hota tha woh ab hone lagaa hai. Mera ek dost hai Anish naam ka woh kehta tha "Mote, tu jitna kum bhaav dega na ladkiyon ko woh utna hi tere peeche aayengi" and I have to admit ki woh sahi kehta tha

Zahra all of a sudden is friendlier, comes to me more often and talks to me more than her friend.
"Shlonik Rahuuuuuul" she said one day

"What? Rahul"

"Shlonik. It means, how are you?"

"Ok!! And how do you say I am fine"

"Ham Dul Ullah"

Oye this sounds like Amitabh Bachchan from Khuda Gawah "Habib Ullaaaaah" only this is a bit different"
"Ham dul ullah"

"Good. I teach you Arabic and you teach me your language. What is your language?"

"Malay…….. Hindi. It's Hindi"
Lekin baalike tu woh Menaka nahi jo is Vishwamitra ki tapasya bhang karde. Yeh Vishwamitra Neha ki prem tapasya mai lean hai"

Meri Cab mai bhi incidents hote rehte hai lekin is hafte to 2 bade sahi sahi hue

I sit in the cab for almost half an hour or forty five minutes and that's the time when Juhi (the RJ) is playing songs and these days they have slightly improved on the songs the play. There is a guy called Shakeel in my cab, nice guy but the only problem is that he has a misconception that he knows too much about Hindi films and he flaunts it. People sitting in the cab are impressed because they hardly know anything. Even I keep mum when he utters stupid things like "RD Burman ne Sharaabi film mai kya music diya tha. Too Good" for the people who don't know, Bappi Daa ne diya tha music. Lekin ek din…. Gaana chala

"Pehla Nasha, Pehla Khumaar Naya pyaar hai Naya intezaar…."
and as soon the lyrics of the song started Shakeel who was sitting right in front of me yelled,
"Waaah!! Qyamat se Qyamat Tak"

"Nahi. Dil" I said.

"Oh kya farak padta hai. Hai toh Aamir Khan aur Juhi Chawla Na"

"Dil mai Madhuri Dixit hai"

"Yaar dono mai Anupam Kher haina to mai us Anupam Kher ki wajah se hamesha confuse ho jaata hun"

(Hey bhagwaan!! Yeh aadmi hai kasaai hai? Ek khoon bus ek khoon to maaf hona chahiye insaan ko) "Achaaa…."

Aur doosri baar toh bahut hi sahi
Juhi boli, "….aap log agla gaana suniye MERI BHEEGI BHEEGI SI jo filmaaya gaya hai Sanjeev Kapoor aur Jaya Bachchan pe…."

Gaane ka music chaalu hua … taaan taaaaan taan taan taaan Meri bheegi bheegi si palko per eh gaye jaise mere sapne bikhar ke, jale man tera bhi kissi ki Milan ko……"

A guy called Biju who is usually silent decided to sing the song along

"…Anaaaaarkali tu bhi tarse"

It might not sound funny now but at that time it was hilarious. No other person noticed it though but I succeeded to control my laughter for about half a minute and then I laughed out, and then coughed to camouflage that.


OK.. And now for an announcement

Bahrain Weekly is being discontinued and if you are asking why
It's because I've got bored.

Although my flow of thoughts, experiences and conversation will be available to you via my blog at
http://gyaanguroo.blogspot.com/

It might not be updated daily or weekly but will be updated frequently.

And one plus point of this blog is that you can post a comment on it for others and me to read that is I you have a gmail, google or blogger account username and password.

So that's it!!!!

Chao

Mail me back


(There were many mails from us, perusing Rahul to continue with his weekly's. Well he continued for good.... :))

No comments: