Dec 15, 2010

Baharain Weekly 9

11/4/2007

There are a very few songs I find "cute"... and the one I am listening to right now is one... Its mere piya gaye rangoon.


And whenever I said "Hey, I like this song".. The reply I usually got was a laugh or a statement "Rahul, tu toh paagal hai tera kya hai?" Its ok... nobody takes me seriously... But coming back to song I love the line when the singer states " Tum bin Janvary, Farvary bangaye jaise Mai aur June. Tumhaari yaad...." and with this song one of my days ended.

A day which was not very good.... just before turning on the radio I got a message from one of my friends that she is getting married.. Ouch!!! It hurt... anyways I am expecting a few more of this. Girls of my age have started getting married and every marriage will be an "ouch" for me.

So before the message I was in the office and a Pilipino Lady called me asking how to download phone themes on her computer... I guided her to the internet and asked her to open a website. I said

"Ok. Now type W W W…"

"W W W"

"Dot…"

"D O T"

"No No No, not D O T … just type a dot

"A dot?"

"Yeah.. aaam… a fullstop."

"What do you mean?"

"Ok. It's a very tiny thing. Like a circle"

"What are you saying?"

"Ok… Look on your keyboard under the greater than sign…"

"What sign?"

Shit "See, it's a point that usually comes after W W W"

"Aaaah… point, I know point." "Ok and then?"

"And then type Zedge. Z E D G E"

"What does that mean?"

One of my colleagues came in and I gave him the call saying that I have some work to do and the lady has a nice voice. She did have a nice voice it was only the things she said that were not so good

After 15 minutes, I bit my tongue while chewing a gum; I realized my colleague was thinking of me. I peeped out of my cabin and found him sitting with one hand holding the phone and the other holding his head. I could only hear his voice

"Is it he first time you are using the computer?"

"See. I will not be able to do it like this"

"Yeah… Can you come here and I will do it for you"

"No, I will not come there; I need you to come here"

"Here In our office in Mina Salman"

By the way, Mina Salman is the industrial area of Bahrain and known to almost all people in Bahrain, almost….

"You don't know Mina Salman?"

"How will you come by a taxi or will you drive"

"Good. Then tell the taxi driver you want to go to Nokia Office, Mina Salman. He will bring you"

"…. If that's the case you can call me from the Taxi"

"Ya Allah Bye"

I was glad that I didn't have to do all that and he was glad that it was over.



This call was within half an hour of entering the office and before I came to office I was ironing my shirt at home and it happened, I mean everyone of you might have had bad day starts but not as bad as this… just imagine you spread you shirt, and you connect the press to let it heat up and when you lift it up to iron







The whole damned thing opened up. Thanks to a cheerful mind I posses I had a mood to click its picture.

Oh and by the way my uncle's shirt is a perfect fit for me.

But I still thank God and am happy that out of the 8603 days I have lived, it just happened to me once and well there were other days in this week where good things happened. It was on a Thursday that I was watching TV and suddenly felt the urge to have " KHEER" now staying with my relatives I have to be careful of the fact that I am not too demanding but there has to be someway out… and



This is my brain bulb and it turned on.



Haritha (one of the angels) was coloring her rough notebook.

"Haritha, who do you think your mom loves more? Deepak or you"

"She loves me because she loves me and she loves me so much that she loves me and she loves me and also she loves me more than Deepu because Deepu loves me and mummy loves me and loves me mummy and….."

"aaaaa…. Ok ok but I don't think so. She loves Deepu more"

"No, She loves me because she loves me and also she lov ….."

"mmmm…. Maybe she loves you a little bit but would she do something if you ask to do?"

"Yes she will do it because she loves me."

"Hmmm….. lets see, Ok then ask her to make kheer for you"

"Even if I ask for a burger she will make it. I will ask for a burger"

"Anybody can make burger, even I can but kheer is only made for those who you love. Anyways you can ask for burger but that does not prove she loves you"

"Ok I will ask her to make kheer"

"Yeah and make sure you don't mention my name"

"Ok. But she loves me"

"We will see"

Haritha was right. Her mom does love her and I loved the kheer.

And along with kheer there is something else I love…… Zahra



She came to me one day and exclaimed



"Rahuuuuuuuuul, I have a gift for you"

"Is it? Whats it?"

"Not to easy. You have to say that I am the best"

"I am the best"

"No. Say Zahra is the best"

"Ok.Zahra is the best"

"Hmmm.. good. Now turn on the Bluetooth on your phone"

"Ok"

She searched for visible Bluetooth devices and when she found my phone she asked

"What is MOKSHA?"

"It's my phone's name"

"Yes. But what does it mean?"

"aaaaaam.... It means freedom from death and rebirth and freedom from all the limitations in the world"

"I didn't understand"

"It's ok. I'll change my phone's name to something like egg or table so that you can understand"

"Are you making fun of me?"

"I would never do that…. Aaammm the gift?"

"oooh yes, you talk to much Rahuuuuuuuull "

The file was transferred and when I opened it my phone started singing



"Humko Hami se churaalo, dil mai kaheen tum chupaalo, hum akele….."



"Its Indian song Na?" She asked

"It is"

"You like it?"

"Yeah its good. Thanks"

"Everybody asked from me this song. I only give you"

"That's so nice of you"

"Don't give it to anybody"

"Never"

I knew exactly to whom I was going to give the song.





That's it I guess for this week, seems to me I have written a bit too much and I just wanna thank all you guys out there to ask me to start the weekly again. Har paanch che editions ke baad ek aisa boost mil jaaye toh sahi rehta hai



He! He! He! He! He!



Chao



Mail me back



Rahul

No comments: