Dec 8, 2010

Baharain Weekly 3

28 Feb 2007

Good Morning"


"Mornings"



"Hey Rahul!!! Do you watch Hindi movies??"



(ha! I watch? If I had planted one tree for every movie I saw there would have been dense forests in Chandigarh and Delhi) "Yeah!! Sometimes"



"Oh!! Have you seen Hum Aapke Hai Kaun?"



(You are asking a non-vegetarian if he eats chicken, you idiot) "aaaaaa… Hum aapke hai kaun? I guess, I cannot remember"



"Oh that one daa!! In which Madhuri's sister marries Salman's brother"



(I know, I know. Renuka Shahane marries Mohnish Behl) Oooooh!! That one yes I've seen it.



"I saw that yesterday, it was coming on TV, I liked the film very much, you liked it"



(Yuck!! That was a good for nothing movie with a lot of extras) "Its one of my favourites." I said smiling.





That's how one of the days in the last week started in the cab



Namastey India and welcome to the third edition of Bahrain Weekly, with all the exciting things happening around me, I am quite enjoying myself and thanks to this Weekly am in touch with you guys too. I am still successful in marinating the image that I am the enlightened one, the reserved types. J

Aaj kal to us kuch gaane hi chade rehte hai zabaan pe



ZAHRA ZAHRA BEHAKTA HAI MEHAKTA HAI AAJ TOH MERA TAN BADAN….



PAAS WHO AANE LAGE ZAHRA ZAHRA…



ZAHRA SA JHOOM LUN MAI…..



Zahra is beautiful as ever and is doing great, we have got into talking terms now (in English) although it's a bit hard to understand her English, but anything coming out from her lips is good for me. I even listen to her Arabic, when she is talking to somebody else so intently as if I understand each and every word. One day when she was talking to her friend out here in Arabic, I was sitting in my cabin with my head resting on my palm ad enjoying the music of her voice, and just when I was at the peak of enjoyment



AAAAAAKKKKKKCHHHHEEEEE!!!!!



One of the guys in the cabin next to mine called Mukundan sneezed, saala itni zor se cheenka jaisa Hiroshima – Nagasaki ka bomb fata ho. Poora mazaa kharaab kar diya



I waited for the music to start again; it started and said "God Bless You, Mukundan"



What??? I couldn't believe it she was talking to that black fatso with hair all over his face and as asking God to bless him, hmmmppphhh!!!

"Thank you for being so caring. He! He! He! He!" replied the villain.



You dirty mind, you could have just said "thanks" no but he wants to extend the conversation, kabhie apni biwi ko thank you nahi bola hoga jo ghar pe 2 bacche sambhaalti hai, aur yahaan "Thank you for being so caring" you need caring women? Go home to your mother.



I had to do something and I had to do something fast, but what? The jealousy inside me had me was at its maximum, I had to do something to fizz it out, but what?



The brain-bulb turned on!!! I got an idea, I knew what I had to do, I had to sneeze.



I crept more inside my cabin and started rehearsing, aakchee!!!! aakchee!!! aakchee!!

Noooooo, it was sounding artificial I would get caught, ek paper dekha baaju mai padaa tha,

I rolled it and poked inside my nose to sneeze, No use, huh!! Stupid paper, I don't need the paper, I am a good actor and I can manage to sneeze, here I go



Ek, do, Teen



AAKKCHEE!!!



Shit!! This is the most artificial sneeze in the history of sneezes, it couldn't get more artificial than this one but still I waited for the blessings, Silence. Oh God!!! Maybe it was too low for her to hear it, I'll to it again, this time louder



AAAAAAAAKKCCCHEEEEEEEEE!!!!



I was wrong, this one was more artificial, but it was loud.

Silence



I peeped out of my cabin, just to find only Mukundan sitting there, I was so busy in my so called rehearsal that I didn't notice Zahra and her friend going downstairs. All the sneezes and rehearsals for nothing.



"Rahul? Are you ill?" asked Mr. Mukundan



(Yes, I am and the disease is you) "No, I am Ok."



"The weather is changing, take care of yourself"



(Shut up!! And mind your own business) "Thanks for being so caring!!!"



I wanted to take all the pepper in the world, put it into his nose and make him sneeze a thousand times.



I went downstairs in search of Zahra, In the pantry that's where she usually sits and chats with her friend, I go to the pantry every now and then to catch a glimpse. If she is there, Good, I drink a cup of water and come, If no one's there, still good, I eat a spoon of Milk Powder kept there for making tea and coffee and come.



It was water this time. J

That is how one of the days went, one source of entertainment for me are my colleagues, they unintentionally give me riddles to solve and my cab trip passes by solving them, like one day when I was going in the cab a guy called Babu came to me and said Hi



I said "hi"



"So are you new to Bahrain ?" He asked



"Yeah!! Kind of. I came on the 1st of Feb. How long have you been here?"



"Oooh!! Me? Ha! Ha! Ha! I've been here since January only"



"oooh ok"



"So you live with your neighbors?"



(No, he didn't ask that, I must have heard it incorrectly) "Sorry"



"You live with your neighbors?"



(Shit!! I was not wrong. He is asking me that. How can I live with my neighbors? If I live with my neighbors they aren't my neighbors then the house I previously lived in when they were my neighbors become my neighbors) "Aaaaaammmmm….."



"Your parents. Are they here or in India?"



(Oooooh!!! He means relatives not neighbors, God help him!!!) "Yes, they are in India, I live with my uncle here."



"Ok good!! Ha! My stop is here, I'll get down"



(Yeah and don't talk to anyone) Ok buh bye!!!



Oh God!! I went home and told my mama and mami what happened, they rolled laughing, the two crying angels (my mama's kids) did not pay attention, they were too busy crying.



Yeh sab hota rehta hain , mai in sab ke bare mai sochta hun,to akela hi zor zor se hus raha hota hun!!! Mazzaa aata hai, agar yeh sab sahi hote tab shaayad yahaan hone mai itna mazaa nahi hota. Abhi aise achaa hai. Is Friday shaayad mai yahaan pe EKLAVYA dekhne jaaun, suna hai achi movie hai!!! Nahi toh Ghost-Rider dekhne jaaunga. Friday tak toh shaayad Salary bhi aa jaayegi. My first DINAR salary!!!!



Will keep you updated with more stuff happening here



Mail me back



Raul

No comments: