Mar 3, 2010

Selflessness - the quality of unselfish concern for the welfare of others

SELFLESSNESS - Whenever I hear this word, train of thoughts start in my mind. I ask myself if there is anything like selflessness. I always say no. People argue when they hear me saying that, they ask me what are soldiers doing when they risk their lives to protect the country and people.
I agree that it is an act of bravery and I respect it but in the end what they did made them happy. There is no such thing which doesnot have any reaction on you. Its like Newtons Law. If you are doing something you get something.
We help our friends, go out to any extent to make them smile, even when it hurts you because that makes your friend happy and seeing them smile we get happy. Indirectly in process of helping others we are just making ourselves happy. Thats why I don't agree on that word called selflessness. But that doesn't mean that I am just insulting all those people who are out there helping everyone.
For all those people, my Salutations and respect are always there.

No comments: