Feb 17, 2010

The Unplanned Date (Met Her Part 4)





I had avoided to meet Radhika on the V-Day just to avoid that she doesn't feel i am trying to be romantic...... Well it seems God had something planned for me..... Yeah! something happenned.... Arey!!! I am writing... If you won't be told whom i will tell....




It had been couple of days now that i din't call her. So yesterday evening I gave her a ring. "Haylo, Wass up?" I asked.




And the reply did not sound the way i expected... It came in a very low tone... "Oh! Hi... I am fine... How r u?" (she sounded very sad)




"I am fine but you don't sound very fine... What happened?" i enquired.




She denied "No, Nothing. i am fine. So wass up?"




I replied "Nothing special here, See you really seem very low. If you dunno wanna share its fine. lets go out somewhere. It will change your mood."




"No.. Thank you. I think i will stay back at home."




I thought its better to end the conversation as she din't seem to be in mood at all.




So I answered "Okay Then, you take rest. but if you really feel lonely, gimme a call."




She said "thanks. i will defenitely call."




I went back home and cleaned my room when Avinash came and knocked my door. He had got a copy of My Name is Khan and the print was super. Then he went to his room. I was also pretty excited to get the copy so i connected the portable projecter to my PC. (I have got one small projecter for me as it combines very best with my 5.1 speakers and gives me the theatre effect. That means i have personal theatre in my room.)




As i sat on my bean bag my phone rang. It was radhika calling.




I answered the call "hi!" She still sounded low "Are you free? Can we go out? I hope you are not doing anything?"




I replied "Hey! No problem. Where do you wanna go?"




She said "I don't know. Just wanna change my mood. Maybe some movie.."




I don't know what i was thinking when I asked her "Would you like to see a private screening of MNIK at my place?"




"What? you got a copy of that. But we planned it to watch in theatre?? how can u watch it at home?" She questioned




"I promise you won't feel that you r not in theatre...." i answered.




There was a silence for few momment. "OKay! Where should I come?" she enquired.




I gave her the directions to the nearest landmark to my place. And then i got up to clear the mess in my room. Went to nearby grocerry and got some juice and chips. Now only thing i was thinking was how to get her in to my room. I didn't tell you that we live in bacheors accomadation. Secondly the caretaker of all our accomadation stays in room just above mine. So if by any chance he sees a girl with me coming to my room, that news will be directly hitting the notice boards of our office. Then i remembered the proverb, a friend in need is the friend indeed. Took my cell and called Avi. Told him the matter and told him the whole story. And he was supportive. Somehow friends are always supportive when you are doing things which are very risky. I told him that I will give him a call and he should check if the area is clear an no one is in hallway so that we can rush directly towards the room. So the stage was set. All I had to do was to pick her from the location i told her to arrive, give a call to Avi when we reach near the villa and enter when we get green signal from avi.




Second problem was how she will react when she knows so much of drama was going to happen. Anyways the second problem was handled very well by me. I didn't tell what was going to happen.




She arrived and i waived her telling her to follow my car. Then when we were near the villa i called Avi. As i reached outside the villa avi called and informed the way was clear. I didn't lose a second anymore and before she could realise what was happening, i held her hand and hurried towards our villa. As i entered the gate she opened her mouth to enquire what was happpening when i signed her to keep her mouth shut. Half of the hallway was crossed we were on stairs. Avinash was standing outside his room at the end of stairways which is opposite to my room. As we both reached near his room, i heard voice from behind. Voice of Francis Uncle asking "Prasanth! you just reached from office?"




Next thing what happenned was a disaster. I pushed her into avinash's room and we both closed the door from outside and turned back. Uncle was standing below at the start of stairs. We replied "Yes Sir, just arrived. How r u?"




"I am fine. Chalo fir to take rest. Carry on." saying this he went to kitchen.




Phew! that was a close call. I opened my room and then directed Avi to open his so that she can walk in to mine. I could see her smiling with little embarrasment. As soon as i closed the door i heard her asking "What was dis all happening?"




I replied with a naughty smile "Yaar, i din't remembered that we live in bachelors accomadation when i invited you. Anyways now we are in. So shall we start the movie."




She looked around and said "Nice room. Yeah we can play it."




I dimmed the light and switched on the projector. She was impressed as she said this "So you have a private theatre. Hmmm.. Am impressed."




I smiled and played the movie. Then for next 2 hours 45 mins we din't speak at all. The movie was really nice. I could see her crying when Shah rukh's son died. Well she looked much more better than what she sounded when we spoke in evening. By the end of the movie we had eaten 1 big pkt of cheetos, 2 Veg sandwiches and I litre of orange juice and it was 10 PM now.




She got up from the bean bag and turned towards me saying "Thaaaaank You for the wonderful evening. So much of panga you took for me. You really are nice person. "




I replied smiling "why are friends for? So you are happy na. Mood changed..?"




She answered "Yeah!... had a bad day at work but now all is fine. Thanks to you"




"Hey! In friendship No thank You, No sorry. Okay?" I said.




"Okay! So i will leave. Its late already." she said looking at her watch.




"Yeah!...just a sec, lemme check outside." sying this I came out of my room. The field was clear, so we both silently came out and reached near her car. As she was sitting in her car she said that she will remember this evening. I smiled and waived her bye as she drove back to her home.




I turned around started walking to my room as the unplanned date came to an end.

1 comment:

Atul Nair said...

bhai..

aap to chupe rustam nikle..

too good bhai..!
keep them both up..!