Feb 20, 2010

9/11

Yesterday I watched MY Name is Khan.... Again one bollywood attempt to highlight the trauma of people, especially Muslims post 9/11 attack in U.S.A. It was a nice attempt but guys! its high time we stop this. So many movies still being made on the topic and taking the cover that you are passing the message of humanity to the world.
Its not that I am heartless guy who just don't realise what happened was very painful. But making money out of the story is more painful in my eyes. I mean guys, it happened in 2001 and now its 2010. Even US citizen have moved on and are working towards future but here we are still repeating the same old story. One muslim guy who is nice and showing the path of humanity... Some people who were ill treated because of the religion they believed, turn to the path of terror. Yes, we know it happenned and there were thousands of such cases. But that does not mean you take up every single story and make a movie on it. It is high time when we make movies which are for entertainment as well as have a message which people can carry back with them. Next time when something practically happens in their life they relate to the movie and work accordingly. We seriously need directors who are thoughtful.
I also want to add that all religion be it Hinduism, Islamism, Christianity or any other, everyone teaches us to love and stay together. It is natural that you never distinguish people based on religion.
Lets do a practical test, look around the people you know. Or take your own example, do you distinguish people based on the religion. I never did and i don't think people around me ever did that to me, that too when I am working in a country which an Islamic Nation. Its the situations which leads people to think on that level that he was a muslim and he did it. We always hear India & Pakistan rivalry but in Pakistan they drink water from Sutlej which flows in from India. Have someone ever said i won't drink water from that river as it flows from India. When nature didn't divide us who are we to divide and discriminate.
I hear people saying that Islam teaches people to capture other religions. I am very astonished because I don't think, they have ever read Holy Quran. "Jehad" a word being used by people to cover terrorism never meant to destroy all religion. Jehad means freedom, Freedom from evil thoughts, freedom from bad company, freedom from all ill activities, it never meant that Islam is tied and they need to make Islam free. Same is taught to us in vedas that your soul should be pure and free from ill thoughts. Holy Bible teaches to be happy, and make people happy. I go to church, and I have never heard any priest saying that don't help people who are not Christians. Sikhism is another religion which has a history of fighting for Hindus.
In the end I pray for all the souls that have been lost due to the terror activities around the world. And atleast we all should not change a point of view for a person if something happens around us.

2 comments:

Atul Nair said...

i am glad that at least someone thought of voicing something that i have had in my mind for an eternity now..

commercializing a hideous act of, humanity in fact is the lowest someone could fall..

nice thought brother..
but i think your thoughts while you were watching the movie in the companionship of " " would have been far from what you have voiced..!

SOCH... said...

hey atul

thanks.... but i want to clarify that weneva I am watching a movie, movie is more important than the person sitting besides me...