May 23, 2012

Mumbai Chronicles - 22 May 2012


As Nethravathi Express chugged in at snail pace into Panvel Railway Station, finally my journey that began more than a month back came to an end.  Now don’t assume that I was travelling on foot to take more than a month to reach Mumbai from Qatar. Well it was a holiday which squeezed every ounce of energy from me back home.  Travelling around Kerala, visiting Bangalore, driving minimum 50 KM daily or at least alternate days and the summer in Kerala was little more than what I had expected this vacation. But all in all I enjoyed every bit of it as I was in India... J
As of now in my Mumbai journey I have company of my cousin brother, Sujith as we both are looking forward to do something in here. Well to say what we are going to do, we both have no idea but yes something will happen in our lives that we expect and look forward for. As far as I am concerned, I am one step closer than yesterday to the dream I have for me in Mumbai.
It seems Mumbai was generous in welcoming us because when I went along with Sujith Bhai to get a new mobile connection, we were expecting N number of formalities like requirement of local address proof or reference of any local addressee, which was based on my previous experience when I went to get my Vodafone connection. But what happened was something which we never expected and ended up having 4 sim cards instead of one.  How??
We: Hi, we would like to get one Airtel connection. What are the charges and formalities?
Sales Girl: Sir, we have an offer on Airtel and for Inr 100/- we will give you 4 sim cards.
W: 4? What will we do with that? We just need one.
SG: Sir one also will cost you 100 bucks after all recharge and all. Here we are giving you 4 Sims with 31 bucks of talk time and 500 MB of data free in each sim card.
W:  We But what we will do with 4 Sims and what are the documents required? We don’t have local address so it may be a problem.
SG: No Sir, we just need one photograph and a Photo ID with Indian address. That’s it. No other documents required to get a new connection.
We looked at each other, and I said let’s take them.
Bhai: Why? Do you need to have separate numbers for separate girlfriend?
Me: Nahi Bhai, it has talk time and data, which I can also use for my net.

Finally we decided to get the sim cards. And instead of one we are having now 4 Mumbai numbers which we still have no idea what we will do with it. I have heard that Mumbai is an unusual city and you can expect anything from here. Looking forward to more of unusual activities, well I end my first Mumbai chronicle here

No comments: