May 24, 2012

Mumbai Chronicle - 23 May 2012


On the second day of our stay in Mumbai, we were introduced to the Don of the building where currently we are staying. Ramlal as I christened him, because no one seems to call him by any name, may be because they all consider it waste of time to enquire and name of living beings staying around.

However I enquired and as per reliable sources, Ramlal came to this building probably a couple of years back and has been staying here and restored peace and calmness in the area from the various stray goons like him. As soon as you enter the building, you will find him resting peacefully on the stairs undisturbed by the movement of the residents. He rests at his favourite spots ignoring all the worldly matters that are happening and people also make sure not to disturb Ramlal while they pass by him. One funny incident that my elder sister (it’s her house where we are staying) shared that one day while she was getting down the stairs, busy searching something in her bag, she accidently steeped on Ramlal who was resting on the stairs. Since that day, Ramlal makes sure that he gets up from his rest and gives way to my sister.


With my keen interest in Ramlal my bada bhai, Sujith Bhai has warned me that
“he may be quiet but if he changes the mind I can be in trouble and be visiting doctors”. However i feel that he cool enough because when I requested him for a click for which he posed without showing any tantrums.

No comments: