May 30, 2012

Mumbai Chronicle - 26 May'2012


What’s happening to me guys? How can I be so irresponsible? It’s the 5th day of me in a city that is for movies and I haven’t yet checked out even one theatre in the city. Moreover it was a Saturday, it’s a weekend and there needs to be a pilaaan.

Nearest theatre from our place, I asked myself? Cinemax Sion.
Which movie which everyone (Sujith bhai, brother in law n sister) will agree in first proposal without much of persuasion required. I think some mallu flick which they will like, and lucky I was that there was 22 Female Kottayam running in Cinemax Sion.

“Didi, would you like to watch 22 Female Kottayam?”
“Yeah. I heard it is a good movie. I don’t mind. Ask your jeeju (brother in law) if he is free?”
“Jeeju, Cinemax is playing 22 Female Kottayam for just 3 days. Let us go for afternoon show today?”
“Is it good? I haven’t much heard about it.”
“Oh! It is really doing well in Kerala. Let’s go, I will book the tickets online.”

Well didn’t have to stress much and they agreed and our Sujith bhai is always ready for movies. So on the first weekend, in Mumbai, I checked out the theatres in Mumbai. Well this specific screen was small as it was a mini theatre that they created for regional movies and was quite small. Little against my shaan but then initially I don’t want Mumbaikars to feel the heat. Hehehe....

The movie got over by 4 we were all at home, but how can we end a weekend like this without reaching back home by night. So I and Sujith Bhai went to CST, just like that. Well I have heard someone telling me that cities get more beautiful in the night and I also think it’s true. Same was the case as we walked through the old corridors of big buildings that took us all the way to Gateway of India. Being a weekend it was crowded with feriwaalaas who displayed their products at the roadsides. The crowd was huge as I could see people checking out things and doing negotiations to get the best deals for them. We reached Fashion street where I felt the world comes to get latest trends at the cheapest price. Well you name a brand and they bring out the copy of the original at the very next minute. CK, Giordiano, Allen Solly, You name it and you get it there and the fashion trends are also amazing. As we reached we saw Gateway of India and a ocean of human faces around it. Families, lovers, friends everyone was out there enjoying their good times and making maximum out of weekend. 

Well for me it was my camera which was on work while Sujith Bhai walked along talking over phones, answering his big fan following. Well I won’t pull much on our padhyatra. Check out the pictures which didn’t come out the way I wanted them to come. However I will meanwhile look forward something more interesting in my Mumbai journey.

What's this... ?
Sujith Bhai in front of Fashion Street



Sea of People at Gateway of India

Ghodagaadis in front of Gateway of India



The Taj
Ganapathi Bappa... On a Cloth..



The corridors filled with Pheriwalas

2 comments:

Pritam Prakash said...

hummmm nice to see u enjoying in real sense...:-):-):-):-P:-P:-P

Nikon Girl said...

Finally.. this is the only post with pics... Nice clicks!