Dec 2, 2010

Wedding and the Shocks......

It is going to be a month now, since i landed back to Doha. Its one of those periods when i have been serious.  Trying to focus on my work and my career, avoiding to post and mail. But i realise that I wasted 20-25 precious days of enjoyment. :)... i can't be like that so i am back to what i am.

Life is a roller coaster ride and it is enjoyed most when you live it your way. We do mistakes but to cry over it is the stupidest thing one could do.... I did a mistake by letting Radhs go but in the end, what i cared for, was her smile and happiness... And i saw it while she was getting married. The deal was not bad at all,  I have two very good friends in my life now. And as it is said, every step in our life teaches you something. This chapter taught me that next time i like a girl first thing i should do is to propose her... :-p

Well i didn't do that even if i say so. After i reached Kerala, i came to know that one of my old pal from chandigarh was getting married and he was insisting me to come and attend the same. So i decided to have a 2 day visit to chandigarh so that i can reach back in kerala on 15th Early morning. It was Radhs marriage on 15th, remember? Mom was also accompanying me as she was also friends with my friends mom and we also had some paper work to be cleared at Chandigarh. And we had some stuff to be taken from chandigarh to Kerala, so i was going back in train to accomodate luggage. Marriage attended, paper work completed, things packed and loaded on one berth where i was supposed to sleep, me and mom started our journey back home. To our surprise, the bogie in which we had our seats was mostly unoccupied. It was good because i can get some sleep till someone boards at coming station. I woke up with a startle when an Express Train passed our train at a high speed. Half a sleep, i sat up rubbing my eyes and then i saw a girl sitting in front of me. I looked around to see where am i and it took me while to come back to senses. Mom was sleeping on her berth and this girl was the only new passenger who had boarded train in our coupe of 8 seats. I looked out to check the place and identify which area it may be. Then i looked at her and we had an eye contact, and then she gave a hello smile and i returned it with mine. Then i asked her "Did we cross Ambala?"

"We have crossed Delhi station 10 minutes back. I boarded from there."
"Oh! I slept like 5 hours, it seems" i said looking at my watch. i realised i could have checked my watch to atleast get an idea of area travelled.
"You got in from chandigarh?"
"Yeah! ours is seat num 25-26, but we had so much stuff that it took all my berth. It will be sleepless night once the everyone boards. Till then i thought to utilize the empty seats."
"Hmm.. I think it will be empty till Baroda"
"Are you the ticket checker...?" i asked (I am stupid always)
"Hahaha... No... Its jst that when TT came to check ticket i enquired. Actually its my first longest train journey. So just curious about things."
"Hmm... and u r goin to?" i enquired
"Kerala, Kannur, to attend a wedding."
"Hmm.. oH!! thats good. So you can attend a wedding and also see Kerala."
"Yeah.. Kinda..."

Then we didn't have much to talk so she started reading a book. Waise bhi, m not a smooth talker with girls. I plugged on my earphones and played on my MP3. Then mom woke, me and her were talking and then i got to purchase a book at one of the station where the train had halted. During afternoon she slept off while i read the book. She woke up around 5 and then again started reading. Around 7 the wind became much cooler and she tried to pull down the windows. But she wasn't able to get them down. I offered my services and then i helped her with the windows. We didn't talk much and i was also not very comfortable talking to a girl that too when mom was sitting in nearby seat.

By 8 i had finished my book, and closed it with a sigh!... and that was bit loud. She looked at me, with a enquiring expression...
"Finished..." i replied like if i completed something great.
She smiled again, and started reading, then suddenly she looked at me and asked.. "Have you ever worked in Delhi?"
i was confused with that Question but i replied "No... I have been to delhi but not worked... Why?"
"No.. its just because i think i have seen you... but can't recall nd not very sure also..."
"Well, you see, i m unforgettable, you might have seen me somewhere nd jst can't forget the charisma even if you forget the place..." i said (i don't know, from where i get these sarcastic answers)
She smiled and said "Yeah.... may be.."
Then we didn't talk till we reached Kannur station. I guess my answers were quite good for her. Except a glance or accidental eye contact, there was not a single word spoken. Well we got down at station and while i was unloading the whole luggage, she went away. On the way home, i was thinking, that girl and me talked on first day and we didn't even exchange our names... After that i went home, got fresh and was getting ready for the wedding. In between Rakesh called to enquire when i was reaching. Rakesh and me had become good friends now and he is a really nice person because of which i was much happy for Radhs also. It helped me to get over my own crush for her, because i felt she was in safe hands.

I reached to the Marriage hall and went to grooms dressing room. Rakesh was there and he came to me "Dude, where were you..? I expected you to reach early..."
"Arey i am here na... you know i reached today only.."
"Gud... i am so tensed.... just want this to be over"
"Why are you tensed bro...? everything is fine..." i tried to calm him.

"Bhai, are you ready? Uncle is asking you to come out for the ceremony..." A female voice came from behind.
I turned around and she was standing there.... the same girl who travelled with me.
"You...? here?" i asked but the voice didn't come out.... i was shocked nd confused which had choked me for a momment.....

"Yeah Sim, tell him i am coming...." rakesh said....
"Okay" She said and turned around. She saw me but didn't react. Unlike me, she knew who was I or why didn't she got surprised to see me.
But what i heard from Rakesh's mouth was still Ringing in my Head... "Sim"
"Simran... She is simran...?" I turned and asked Rakesh.
"yeah... oh you haven't met her na...?" Rakesh replied...
"Yeah" i answered...
"Chal lets go... dad is calling..." saying this rakesh walked outside and i followed him

The wedding ceremony began and Radhs came in the mandap. She looked awesome in the Kanchipuram Sari and all the jewllery and they both looked great as couple. Sim was standing next to rakesh's dad and she stared at me at regular intervals. And i was thinking "That what did i do to get that stares...?"

Anyways the marriage ceremony finished and then we all dispersed. About Simran, we were introduced but we spoke the next day. I will tell you that but right now i am tired. So rest in next....

till then byee....

2 comments:

Nikon Girl said...

Nice.... :) :)

Poloumi n simran... see whats next ;)

SOCH... said...

sshh!!! only u know abt paulomi... lolz...