Jul 11, 2010

Caught in the War...

In my last post i mentioned that Radhs was busy with her office. Well she got free this weekend and as it happens most of the time in life, this weekend i had work. We had a launch of our new showroom in a Mall.


On Thursday morning i recieved call from Radhs enquiring my plans for the weekend.... I told her that i will be busy till evening due to launch.... i will tell you what we conversed :-


R: hey... how r u? whats plan for weekend?

Me: Yaar, busy whole day... today we have a launch of our showroom in villagio... so will be stuck dere...

R: Hmm... i thought we could go out for a movie... Eclipse released today... and our promo work is over so i could come...

Me: Oh! well can't guarentee.... i vil giv u a call in evening if i get free... Today it will be first launch for Priya and she needs to be guided as she will be handling them in future...

R: Priya..!! you will be with her...?

Me: Yeah!!... why? what happened? Jealous... Hehehee...?

R: Why will i be J... You carry on... Will catch you in evening.... Bye...

Me: Okay... Bye.... Take care...

R: Yeah... u too...


The conversation ended and i got in to my work... Things worked out well, we got the Kiosk set up, all things worked as planned and by 6.30 in evening we got free... I thought that i will call Radhs so that we can go for 8 PM show... By the time i was going to call, priya came up and said that she is hungry... and invited me for a quick snack at Food court of the mall..... Even i was hungry and she declared it as a treat for the successful launch under her supervision and for my help... So who will leave free food.. I thot that will call radhs later... lets fill my stomach first...


We were having burgers when my phone rang... It was Radhs.... I answered the call....


Me: Hey Radhs..

R: So u r launching showroom at food court....?

I dont have words to express the current which passed thru me when she said those words.. I looked around to see her standing 5 metres from us.

My phone was still on my ears... the call was not disconnected and she said....


R: And that is Priya... Right?

Me: Yeah... Come here i will introduce you to her...

R: No.. I dont want to... You enjoy with her...


Saying this she disconnected and walked away from us..

I turned to priya and said, coming in a minute and ran behind her.... I chased her and caught her....


Me: Are you crazy? what is happening yaar...?

R: Nothing... Leave me.. you enjoy....

Me: Don't act stupid.. Talk to me...

R: No.. you enjoy with your new friend......

Me: Dont be nuts.. Come with me... Dont be a girl....

R: No i won't.... leave me

Me: Radhs... please... come.... U need to know things....


We were still arguing when Priya came from behind.... ANd said the magic words....


P: Bhai (bro) whats happening? Hey.. this is your Radhs...?


The magic words were the life saver.... I could see the reaction on Radhs face... Arguement came to a silence....

priya... your are a life saver i thought as i looked at Radhs....


R: Bhai....!!!???!!!


Radhs was confused and embaressed... She was looking at me begging that i should not tell Priya what was happening.... I was trying to control my laugh as i was looking at her....

Then i broke the silence


Me: Radhs meet Priya... Bachey yes, you r right... she is radhs...


(priya is more like a younger sister... she started calling me bro from the second day she joined office)

Both shook hands and exchanged smiles....


P: Now i know why you were running... See di (elder sis), you were passing by and he identified you from whole crowd....


Radhs and me were smiling as we listened.... They exchanged words and regards as priya said that she had to leave.... As she walked away, i looked at Radhs... She was not looking at me...


I smiled and asked... Movie?


She nodded and we walked to the cineplex.... Had dinner after the movie and then we parted ways.. No word about Priya or what happened couple of hours back....


Now Priya and Radhs are friend.... and i m now out of the cold war of Radhs with Priya (who never knew that there was a war going :-P)

No comments: