Jan 26, 2009

Happy Republic day

Happy Republic Day
26th Jan was a day when I heard a lot of that. Everyone wishing Happy Republic Day to whomsoever he/she is meeting... It’s good to know that people love their country. But do we really mean it?

That’s where I was stuck. I asked myself this question. What are my duties as Republican? Leave duties, I asked few people who wished me Happy Republic Day. What happened on 26th January? All answered that our country became Republic. Good. But sadly, very few knew that constitution of India came into effect on this date. And most of them thought that our country became republic on 26th Jan’ 1948 after we got independence. Very few knew it was in year 1950. When told, i heard chod na yaar... kaunsa number milne hain.... Very few know who made our constitution.

I feel sad for the martyr’s who laid their life to give us a life of respect and dignity. And what are we doing, just disrespecting the sacrifices given by them. We watch US president taking oath, but we don’t have time to know about our own country.

I know writing this won’t change anything but even if a single person reads this and think over, its more than enough.

2 comments:

Gyaan Guru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SOCH... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.