Apr 17, 2011

Bollywood with Arabic Tadka... :-P

I never thought that living in middle east would be so much funny but lately thanks to Zee aflam, I do have a good laugh every weekend. Bollywood have great fans here in Arab countries and Zee was smart enough to have a local channel where they play Hindi movies with Arabic sub-titles. Lately with increasing followers, they went one step further to cater the Arabic speaking population. Now they play some top grosser bollywood films dubbed in Arabic.

And you bet sometimes, you find it funny and sometimes you just want to break that TV. Yesterday I was watching Fanaa. This aamir khan flick is famous for the dialogues and the shayari aamir says during the whole movie. But yesterday what they were doing is still not clear to me. Even Rehan, name of aamir’s character when mentioned in Arabic, seemed like some bike passed besides me in jet speed. It was only Han Han which was being heard.

Another thing which they have done is that they only translated the dialogues, Phew!! What a relief. I can’t imagine they converting Chand Sifarish in Arabic. Anyways, now the whole while the characters know Arabic but when they sing they can sing in Hindi…..

Well the list is not small… you can see all the top stars speaking Arabic now. Dhoom, Dhoom 2, jodha akbar, rab ne banaa di Jodi, dostana and blah blah blah…. I now need to learn Arabic because now I don’t understand anything, and that tendency to see the movie leads me to download them and watch again… :-P

And King Khan going one step further by promoting the channel by speaking in Arabic... Bollywood Billa Arabia.....

No comments: